Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday my little Gemini! I can’t believe it! How it only seems like yesterday that I was at the hospital waiting on your arrival. I am so overjoyed that you are a part of my life. I love every second of watching you change and grow. It is something extraordinary as the days pass and you come to me with new words or phrases that you were not even saying an hour before. I notice how careful I must be now with what I say, for fear you will repeat it in a context that might be inappropriate. Though somehow I think in the end it would only come across as humorous. You are discovering so many new things, attempting so many new tasks and working so hard to become your individual little self. That’s why I love the "terrible-two's" stage, because it allows me to see you assert your own sense of independence. And not to worry, you can push your limits as far as you would like to try and I will make it my mission to give you the freedom and balance you need to grow and claim yourself. But I will also be there to guide you and make sure that you are safe.

How I love to watch you do your three favorite things; dancing, coloring and singing songs. I cherish the moments you take me by the hand to join in the activities you pursue. I also love to snuggle up with you to read you a book when ever you ask, but especially each night before I tuck you in. Or hang outside on a sunny afternoon and play in the dirt.

Please know that you are so important to me and that you have such a special place in my heart. I look forward to many more years ahead with all its challenges, tears, laughter and fun.

Again, Happy Birthday My Dear Caitlin, I love you so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home