Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sunday Scribblings #8 - Three Wishes

Wow! At first I though this would be a breeze for me.
I'm a dreamer who wishes all the time.
I know, I will put all my wishes in a large black magician's hat and pick them out randomly.

Wish One: My most important wish would be that my daughter grows up to be a happy, complete, and self assured woman who is living her life's dreams and desires to their fullest; in a world that she can feel safe in.

Wish Two: Would have to be that I could resume my travels of the world to learn new things, experience new cultures, languages, eat wonderful foods, drink wine, and make new friends. It has been so many years since I have travelled I feel as if I am stuck in a time warp.

Wish Three: I would love to continue to rediscover new sides of myself with each passing day and grow from each new discovery. These past three years of my life and the things I have had to endure have taught me that we can always learn more about who we are. That there is never a reason to stop growing, changing, or become a stronger, more loving and compassionate indivdual towards ourselves and others.

(A post for Sunday Scribblings #8)

16 Comments:

Blogger megg said...

beautiful wishes! I hope they come true - and that you get to travel some more, it sounds like you would enjoy it to the fullest

6:51 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Such a great post! I hope you get all your wishes and resume traveling. You're so right about the importance of continuing to grow and change; to keep learning new things. Thank you!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

The last few Scribblings that I have read have just fueled me with inspiration and motivation--yours definitely adds to that fire! Thank you for your lovely words! I hope that all of your wishes come true!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love this... Travel and learning and raising a daughter are all so important to me too.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I hope your wishes come true :) I certainly can relate to #3. Enjoy and grow.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

They're all wonderful, but I especially love #3 because we often don't think to wish that for ourselves. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

may all your dreams come true, today and tomorrow!
ps I love the comment you left on my blog! LOL! to become a writer for days of our lives soap? I loved it!! But i liked Young and Restless better!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

These are wonderful wishes...may they all come true!

4:43 PM  
Blogger boliyou said...

Keep learning and growing and changing and traveling!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I love that last line...

10:59 PM  
Blogger OTT said...

Yes! Want to travel more!

On an earlier post -

Have you seen 'Bukowski: Born into This' documentary about Charles Bukowski?

It's excellent :-)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Terri /Tinker said...

What a lovely, thought-filled post! To continue to grow and discover new things about yourself is such a truly inspirational wish - thank you.

12:16 AM  
Blogger NuttersNotes said...

Yes....learning new things...yes...yes...yes!!! You don't have to be good...just learn and see where that discovery takes you. I hereby grant you full permission to accept your wishes....make them come true!!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger javacurls said...

Wondeful wishes! I especially enjoyed your last wish. I hope all your wishes come true!

4:42 PM  
Blogger ian russell said...

there's beauty in these wishes. and they have a good chance of coming true! here's wishing they do, a really nice post.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Ally Bean said...

That there is never a reason to stop growing, changing, or become a stronger, more loving and compassionate indivdual towards ourselves and others.

amen. so well put.

[thx for stopping by my blog. it's fun to meet new people through Sunday Scribblings.]

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home