Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday Scribblings - My Shoes #6


I was cleaning out the garage and I came across my navy blue and orange colored Puma’s. These were the only shoes I could wear when I was pregnant and they were so comfortable I was almost willing to sleep in them. They have been stored in the garage for almost the last two years. They are spotted in paint from the painting of the house when we first moved in. The mud from working in the yard is also still stuck on them. They were covered in dust and cobwebs. I vaguely remember the day I took them off by the back door leading to the kitchen and never looked back. Part of me wishes that after each event I had taken the time to stick them in the washer to make them like new again. But then they wouldn't carry the memories or character that they have.
So, I think I will let them just go to sneaker heaven the way they are.

I’ve been eyeing a pair of pink and green Puma's I really want. So I will buy them and start a new shoe adventure.

See more Sunday Scribbling's here.

5 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

So true - it's always an adventure, when it comes to shoes!

1:02 PM  
Blogger boliyou said...

What great memories you have of your shoes! Good luck with the new ones, too.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I had kind of a pang reading this, as if your old shoes were a beloved old pet, and you were finally giving in to getting a new pet, and putting the old to rest. Sad, but a new beginning!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Shoes as souvenirs of life - now thats a good thought.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Ally Bean said...

shoes become friends, don't they?

new pink and green shoes sound perfect for spring and new adventures.

[thx for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. i love this sunday scribblings. new people are cool.]

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home