Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday Scribblings ~ BED

Now whenever I hear the word bed it has taken on a totally new meaning for me. In January of this year “BED (Beverage. Entertainment. Dining)”, a concept chain of restaurants opened here in Atlanta where people actually have the choice to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch and cocktails in bed. In fact they are no ordinary beds, these are plush inviting beds that are suppose to make ones dining experience slightly more enjoyable. When you arrive you are even given special slippers to dine in. The one that opened here in Atlanta is the third in the country. The other two are located in Miami and New York.

It is set up in a very trendy posh hotel here in downtown Atlanta. The cuisine represents French American contemporary cooking with a touch of added southern style.
The whole concept threw me when I first heard of it because I personally have never been one who could eat in bed. Yes, even with those little trays that sit across your lap, I have found eating in bed to be most uncomfortable.

But hey, maybe trying it out in a setting such as the one I heard about here, will change my mind. The restaurant is supposed to be all the rave. Who knows maybe I will run into a few famous stars, that alone should make the experience fun.

When I scrounge up the funds and have a bit of free time on my hands from all my other duties I will give it a chance. Until then I will keep the crumbs out of my own bed. http://atl.bedrestaurants.com/home.php

more Sunday Scribblings

4 Comments:

Blogger Laini Taylor said...

That sounds so decadent and bizarre... do you really climb into a made bed? Do the waiters change the linens between diners they way they would change a tablecloth? So WEIRD. But intriguing. I'm not an eater-in-bed, but for the silly reason that there is an eave over our bed so you can't really sit up straight!

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer (she said) said...

I'd never heard of this before. I was surprised to see this response to the prompt. I can't wait to show my partner, who loves food/cooking/eating out...but I too am not very comfy eating in bed.

3:00 PM  
Blogger bb said...

Very peculiar. I wonder if it will catch on? Like you, my initial reaction seems to , err, no!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

what a funny post...I've got to go check this out! If it involves eating utensils...I'm useless!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home