Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunday Scribblings-On Monday-Mystery

A mystery I would love to have unveiled to me, is where in the world all the socks go that get lost in the washing/drying process.

When you pull the laundry out of the drier, begin to sort and fold it and there is only one sock of the pair you put in the wash to begin with, it becomes semi crazy to search for the lost one in sheets, t-shirts, etc. Yes some do cling, but most simply vanish.

I used to open the drier a few times in hopes that my eyes were playing tricks on me and I was just missing it somehow. I would check around the washer and drier on the floor, again in the washer in case it never made it to the drier in the first place. But to this day, I have never had one lost sock resurface.

I would actually put the odd sock out, with the other odd ones in a drawer, in hopes that I will be able to match it again when the other on turned up. But I ended up with a drawer full of odd socks and decided that it was even crazier to hold on to them “in hopes”. So now if I do not find the other sock when the laundry is complete, I just toss the odd one directly into the trash.

I’ve heard many theories about what can happen to them. But the best I’ve heard is that they just take off when we aren’t looking to go live lives with other socks in new places, enjoying themselves in their sock worlds and communities.

3 Comments:

Blogger DuhhhBlond said...

I agree with deep-sixing the lonely socks.. when they start multiplying, we throw 'em away and buy new ones :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

I saw a Saturday Night Live skit where Dot lost one of her gloves in the dryer. She crawled in to get it and ended up in an alley on the wrong side of town.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Floop said...

Check out
www.oddieworld.com
Mystery solved!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home