Thursday, July 13, 2006

Poetry Thursday~A Laughing Matter

When I read this weeks prompt I immediatly though of my favorite childhood poems and books by Shel Silverstein. Somewhere in all the moves in my life I managed to loose or misplace most of them. When I was pregnant with my daughter I went out and bought Where the Sidewalk Ends becasue it had been my all time favorite and had the largest selections of poems that I loved the most. I used to read them to her when she was still in my womb.
Here are two short ones I always found funny.

Ridiculous Rose

Her mama said, "Don't eat with your fingers."
"OK." said Ridiculous Rose.
So she ate with her toes!

~Shel Silverstein

WARNING

Inside everybody's nose
There lives a sharp-toothed snail.
So if you stick your finger in,
He might bit off your nail.
Stick it farther up inside,
and he might bite your ring off.
Stick it all the way, and he
May bite the whole darn thing off.

~Shel Silverstein

More Poetry Thursday's here

5 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oohhh I especially like the second one. I will have to go back and read this book.

10:12 PM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

My kind of poetry!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Susannah said...

these are so delightful :-) perfect for this friday morning.... thank you! x

7:59 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I must save these for my grandson :) Thank you!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah e.Smith said...

These poems are wonderful :) I also love the quote you posted in your blog banner! Thanky ou for stopping by my blog, I will be sure to visit here again!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home