Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge



Self Portrait Challenge ~ "me as a mom"

This is a photo of me and my mini me, so I have been told. When I found out I was pregnant and when I was due to have my baby, I was really excited becasue I had always wanted to have a Gemini child. I am a Gemini too. I know it sounds crazy. But I have not one regret. For as crazy as it might become in my household, I am looking forward to lots of fun too.

This is the reason for the moment, that I do not get to post on my blog as often as I'd like and why I've missed most of this month's challenge. I have spent a significant amount of time this past year just looking out for her best interest and as I mentioned in a previous post, my life has been a complete mess to say the least.

It has been a challenge being a semi-single mom. As days pass in life, you can never really know what obstacles you will face. But I consider myself a very strong person and I can always work with life's little detours. Especially if it means I will become a better person and learn from them.

We have been battling constant germs since my little one started going to the MJCCA Preschool here in Atlanta. It seems that every week she is out for being sick, she gets something new upon her return. But she is a trooper. Even when she's running a 103 degree fever and can be at he lowest point in terms of sickness, she amazes me with her bright personality and the umph to carry on. Invincible.

She has taught me some much about wanting to be a good role model. And, how important it is to make sure she has a future in this world. So every day I search for ways to make that happen.

We are creating an unbeliveable bond. I look so forward to watching her grow up and to see how she becomes her own person. I can't wait to see what path she chooses in life. I will be there for her at every moment she needs me and I will be there with open arms.

In my opinon, being a mom is one of the most rewarding privledges that is bestowed upon a woman. It is life altering and I wouldn't change it for the world.

More Self Portraits here

7 Comments:

Blogger Georgia said...

I think this picture is so great. Your little one is beautiful. I love kids, and with 3 of my own I feel you on the getting sick over and over thing. It can be such a drag. You and your daughter really do look alike too! BTW... Nice to meet you. :)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I must say, that is the best spc! Being a good mom, and I totally agree with you about it changing your ideas of wanting to be a good person, role model, being a better person for her and the world. It is an awesome role, one that I am so glad I had the privilege to have! Good job!

1:41 AM  
Anonymous girlfriday said...

yay for the crazy Gemini (me too!)

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Zoe said...

Lisa, she is adorable! I have a 2 year old and I know how tough it can be responding to every demand...it can sometimes feel like there's no you time anymore or you're losing you identity. looks like you're doing a grand job in raising your daughter, she looks really happy. Zoe x ;)

5:00 AM  
Blogger acumamakiki said...

Yes! It's so true that our lives become 2nd once our babes are born. But equally important, is to remain yourself and it has to be damn hard as a single-ish mom. This photo shows pure joy ~ I've got a mini me too.

7:23 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Ah, yes the babies take over; everything else pales in comparison! That photo of you and yours is gorgeous! Thanks for your lovely post.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Neil said...

Uh-oh, but what are two geminis going to be like in the house during the teenage years?!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home