Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday Scribblings #19 ~ "Who Else Might I Have Been?"

image courtesy of getty images


Can we be an object instead? I am not so sure that I would want to be another person. It only means taking on someone else’s problems and life. I am still in the midst of trying to get mine in order.

If I could choose at this moment to be something else I would want to be a book; though I love books of all genres, I would love to be a mainstream fiction book. I would like to be a well told story. One that someone would pick up time and time again to read, because they just loved the story and all the emotions they felt while reading it, that it gave that much meaning more to their life.

I would want to be a book for other reasons as well.
Books are the source for knowledge and enjoyment.
Books are great ways to escape into worlds unknown.
Books create and fuel emotions within us.
Books help bridge gaps in the world.
Books are diverse and unique.
Books are the source of many good and kind acts.

Without books in the world what good would it be for us to be human?

See other Scribblings here

4 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

I agree that a life without books would be pretty dull! But I suppose that's where the tradition of oral storytelling emerged, well before the printed page. Lovely post.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Verity said...

Oooh, absolutely, what a delicious idea. Books live on and on...I guess the question is, what book would you be if you could be any book?

6:20 AM  
Anonymous samantha said...

Yes! A book! I adore books, and a room without books is not a room, in my opinion. I would want to be that book that changed someone's life, that made them catch their breath with feeling seen and heard, the one that was carried around like a lucky charm. Great post!

8:31 AM  
Blogger confessions of a social hermit said...

i just discovered this blog!
blogs (along w/ canada) RULE!!!
xoxo
the hermit

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home