Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Long Weekend

The long weekend lasted into today for me and I must say going back to work was a real bummer. I will be so happy when the things I am working in my spare time allow me to take a different direction in life, which will include me working from home and for myself.

I spent the weekend painting my daughter’s room. I choose a blue for the walls, Morning Breeze by Behr. Yes, I know she is a girl and most people think of blue for a boy’s room, but I saw a picture in a Pottery barn catalog that had a blue and pink theme, so that is what I am going for. She already had the pink curtains and I decided to try and work around them. The only item of furniture I have chosen is this bed from Ikea. I can’t wait for that shopping spree, because there are so many wonderful treasures for kids to be had. My friend Alisoun is going to sketch something kid oriented for me, that I can use as a stencil and transfer to one wall. Then I will paint that design in chalk paint, so she can have her own drawing space in her room. I am excited for the finished product and will post pictures then.

I discovered a bunch of new artists that I stumbled upon through Pandora.com. I love this site. I listen to it mostly at work. I think it is a great way to discover new music. I have fallen in love with listening to: Brandi Carlisle, Anna Nalick, and Brooke Frasier. At the moment I can’t get enough of their music.

I decided that I am opting out of the Self-Portrait Challenge for this month. I do not have many pictures with me and other people, at least recent. I really like to be behind the camera and not in front of it. I am not very photogenic. I only take good pictures when I am oblivious to the camera being there.

I ordered and received Keri Smith’s book, Living Out Loud, this weekend. I am so excited, and can’t wait to spend some time doing activities from it. I am already deeming this to be a relaxed weekend. A tiny bit of cleaning but mostly playing. The temperatures have started to cool a bit. We are only reaching the mid 80's during the day and then in the 60's in the evenings, so spending some time in the yard this weekend might be on the adgenda as well.

Today I was reminded by my boss at work that it is my 3rd wedding anniversary. Our boss has all our anniversaries flagged in his Outlook program. He reminded me last year as well. Guess if it had been important to me I might have remembered myself. Honestly, when you are not living with your significant other any more, and you have no intentions of getting back together, I do not see significance in the anniversary. I told him he could delete his flag. I am only waiting for residency paperwork to go through and then I will be filing for divorce.

Hopefully next year I will be a single woman moving on with her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home