Sunday, June 10, 2007

#63 Spicy~Sunday Scribblings

Thai food! The best of spicy there is. The best blend of spices such as salt, coriander or cilantro root, Thai peppercorns and garlic, paired with curries and chilies is simply outstanding. I personally like my Thai food “Thai hot”.

I also love chili waters that act as relishes. Condiments, salsa or seasonings to put over rice dishes or used as dipping sauces. I have become immune to the heat of the spice and no longer does my mouth burn or do hiccups creep up on me, at the end of a meal. I can now really appreciate the flavors and the bite that come from each morsel of food I put into my mouth.

My cousin who came into our family by way of marriage is Thai. She has taught me what the true taste of Thai food is. It is always more fun to make all the ingredients from scratch (making your own chili paste and spice mixtures) if you have the time, but buying the premixed ingredients from an Asian or Farmers’ Markets makes the food taste just as delicious.

More spicy Scribblings here!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Welcome back! I love Thai food but living in the country I'm deprived of the flavors. :(

12:45 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

my son cooks in a vietnamese restaurant and tells me it's very similar to Thai. I have never tried either but hope to when i visit him soon. Nice post. ( thanks for your nice comment :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Kamsin said...

I too love Thai food. My brother lived there for about 5 years so in that time I visited him 3 times, and the food was always one of the best things about being there. My sister-in-law, (who is actually Taiwanese, but they met it Thailand) cooks awesome authentic Thai food. I think that coriander may possibly be one of my favourite things ever!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Frances said...

Thai food is delicious.
I love the yellow curry with potatoes and onions over rice - divine.
My tongue is tingling thinking about it.
Thanks for visiting,
Frances

10:26 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Indians add a lot of coriander to their foods.

I will try thai food. Never had it.

11:37 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Thanks for your visit and your comments!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Poetry said...

A garden of elephant ears.

A lake of light.

A furrowed sky.

Warm air, tinged with the coolness of a passing shower.

A swath of short green swords with serrated edges.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home