Sunday, June 17, 2007

#64 Sunday Scribblings~Eccentricity

I honestly have no clue what my eccentricities are. I guess on that level I need a better understanding of myself.

My friends would say my lack of drinking out of other peoples cup's or sharing drinks with others it eccentric. I simply just find it gross, so I don’t do it. I guess I also have been brainwashed about the “backwash factor”. I especially will not drink out of a cup that my daughter has (she’s three, need I say more). But I question that as an eccentricity.

I guess, if I would have to choose an eccentric way to be, it would to be an artist that does eccentric art; such as Dali or a musician such as Frank Zappa. These are two eccentric people I admire greatly. I feel it is their eccentricities that helped them be as talented and good as they were in their field. Then there is also my best friend. Eccentricity should be her middle name.

Find more eccentricities here

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous minutechaser said...

I find it yucky to swap saliva too LOL. I recently lost some "friends" because instead of dipping my bread into their shared bowl of curry, I got my own bowl. They turned their noses up and implied I was rude.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Hi... I hate the backwash factor too. And I had four sisters so I really detest sharing clothes.

:-) Cyn

9:23 PM  
Blogger spacedlaw said...

That wasn't so excentric. Or maybe it doesn't feel like it because it is so common (although you are the first mother I "meet" who actually feels also that way about her own child - maybe the others are just hiding it).
Love Dali and Zappa as well: they bring so much fantasy into the world...

1:36 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I agree about sharing cups! I think that makes us ocd?? who cares we can call it Eccentric! :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Maybe having the accentric friend is being accentric! LOL

10:44 AM  
Blogger indigostrange said...

was it you that told me about backwash all those yrs. ago? when i was sharing my drink w/ sand?? b/c since then, i'm the same way..(but then again, i'm borderline germophobic) but yes, it's GROSS..
as for being eccentric... i think that anyone who shys away from conformity and the conveyer belt we're forched to ride is off centre... eccentric, weird...
(my eccentricities incl. hating to leave the house, loving the cold and dark, and sooooo many other things...but i see them as normal... it's the world that's crazy and abnormal...)
anyhoo... good to see you posting again!
take care
the hermitjew

8:59 AM  
Blogger Clockworkchris said...

I never thought of the backwash unless it's the bottom of the drink that I am finishing. I always just think of germs and I got over that when I learned stuff like kitchen sinks are much worse than toilets and all that. I was much worse about all that when I was younger.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home