Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Monday~ and Revelations


Today began as a very hard day. I felt sluggish, most definitely did not want to get out of bed. Not in the mood to really do much of anything but hang out on the couch and watch a movie. In the end though, I did manage to pull myself together and write!


Everyday like a little trooper, I am spending more time then I could have imagined in front of my computer grinding out something, onto the blank pages of Word. At first it was hard. Very hard. I would sit and want to do other things. Really, I felt as if I could do almost anything rather than staring at a blank computer screen’s word processing page. I guess it is true what writer after writer preaches and that just by sitting "it" will come. Something inside you really does click and then you have so much to say, good or not good.

I can't believe that I waited so long to get back into my writing. Sadly, I see it now as so much time wasted and skill lost that needs to be regained. But I look forward to the challenges I will face with myself and my writing. I crave attempting to gain back my momentum and my confidence as a writer.

I am too aware of the truth about the discipline I must have to continue on and I am ready for it. I am ready to face a world of rejection letters and criticism if it means that one day I will be a published author.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matthew said...

Happy Birthday! Good for you making the time to sit and write. I know from experience how hard it is to just sit there and allow "it" to come. I wouldn't worry about the time wasted, if you are writing now then you are living the dream. Write on!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home