Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Self Portrait Challenge~June~Enviornment

I had HUGE intentions of growing veggies and herbs this year. So I began planting in the Spring. My little cherry tomato plant is so far the only thing that seems to have survived the long summer days of heat and no rain As usual in the good ol' south we are having a drought again. Go figure. Seems to be all too common these days.

All my herbs have dried and shriveled up. It doesn't seem to matter how much I water them on my own it isn't enough.

I have picked two tomatoes so far and as you can see from the picture there is another tomato working on it's way to becoming ripe.

see more environments here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

We have the teeny tiny pots of tomatoes, radishes, chives, etc.. from Target that we need to move into our Nana and Poppy's yard. That is the extent of our veggie garden this year - so yours looks like an entire farm in comparison!!

:)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Hi Lisa. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I just planted a few varieties of tomatoes on Sunday. It's my first foray into growing vegetables in a very long time. I see we both share a love for the confessional poets and spicy food. Good to see you are getting back to blogging and participating in SPC.

5:32 PM  
Blogger EllyJane said...

I am also a beginner-
and your tomatoes are further along than mine!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home