Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Scribblings ~ Phenomenon "Elvis is Dead!"

Phenomenon’s are this week’s prompt for Sunday Scribbling’s.

If you were an Elvis fan, please read with caution, I wouldn’t want to offend anyone.

The whole Elvis is not dead phenomenon is something I really stop and go huh? Don’t get me wrong I do like some of his music, though I was not a die-hard fan. I was only around eight years old when he passed. But come on people! Alive!

Elvis was influential musically. He lived a very extravagant lifestyle with woman, drugs and booze consistently. For what sane reason would he supposedly leave his family, clean himself up and go into hiding the rest of his life. I cannot be convinced that he would leave his beloved Graceland to live anywhere else in the world. He really wasn't the sex maniac that he let one to believe. Some say he really wasn't that interested in sex at all though he had multiple affairs with various women throughout his life. Elvis' true down fall began when Priscilla divorced him. It was at this time he began to become morbidly obese, and turned to prescription drugs even harder than before. His self-esteem hit rock bottom. Had his daughter Lisa Marie truly had her dad’s influence in here life after childhood, I just have this feeling that she would not have been so messed up. Somehow, I also do not see Elvis approving of her marrying Michael Jackson, no matter how famous and talented a musician people see him as. In his final years Elvis literally has checked out on life. He barely made it to performances, and when there was hard to understand. When he was at home he was practically bedridden. It was known that towards the end of his life that he had numerous health conditions. But in the end his drug use is what is known to have eventually ended his life.

Yes, I believe that Elvis is dead. He abused drugs and he abused his life. May he rest in peace.

See more phenomenon's here.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Strange isn't it? I've never understood this either....

3:41 AM  
Anonymous gautami tripathy said...

I agree with you. Let him restin peace.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I think people who claim to have seen him alive must be crazy.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home