Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sunday Scribblings~Slippery




What came to mind for me when I first saw this week’s prompt was Wham-O’s infamous Slip N' Slide. When I was a kid growing up in the 70’s, it was a simple little blue or yellow flat sheet of plastic that was powered by a sprinkler.

I can remember how much fun we had on the Slip N' Slide. Though at times, let it be known, sprinkler injuries on them were often.

Today the Slip n' Slide is made in a variety of styles (superhero’s, waves and animals). They now come with heightened protectors on the end for stopping, there are tunnels and boogie boards to make the slide even more extreme and enjoyable. They even have features that also allow you to bounce as you slide across them. And would you have guessed, that now multiple people can slide at the same time, making it great for competition with your friends.

When my daughter is of age, I can’t wait to introduce her to a Slip N' Slide. If they’ve come so far since the early 60’s when they were invented, won’t it be interesting to see how future generations of Slip N' Slide's evolve.

See more Slippery Scribblings here

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger strauss said...

Never had a slip and slide, but always wanted one, they look so darn fun, especially on Funniest home videos.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous gautami said...

I have been on to a few. Always enjoyed.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Rob Kistner said...

Slip 'n slides are tools of the devil I tell ya' -- evil things!

I have never been so hurt in my life as the time I was using one of the damned things, and fell, landing right on my tail bone.

I'm telling you, I couldn't walk, or sit down, for nearly a week -- and I could lay only on my side... no rolling over for the majority of that time.

Evil I tell you, heartless...

3:42 AM  
Blogger Patois said...

Loved slip and slides as a kid. We now have a pool, but, wouldn't you know it, my kids beg to get a slip and slide because they think it looks so fun!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Kids today have all the good stuff! :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Redness said...

Yay ... the squeals of joy, the shrill of laughter all because of a piece of yellow plastic and a hose, total fun - you took me there - Thank YOU!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I used to love these things at the fairground.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Poppy Fields said...

I always wanted and never had one of these when I was a kid!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home