Monday, July 02, 2007

This week is starting off much better than last...

Happy Monday to all!

I am completely psyched that fourth of July is coming up. I love to listen to the fireworks, catch the tail end of the D.C. Fourth of July program on TV, while sipping on a nice glass of wine.

But the highlight it watching my neurotic dog, run back and forth through the backyard barking at fireworks, like she can actually jump into the sky and attack them. In my neighborhood it becomes a chorus of dogs barking constantly most of the evening from the time the fireworks start until the last sound of one trickles off.

I think this is also probably the first July fourth my daughter will remember and appreciate. As far as fireworks go, we will only have the sparkles this year. I haven’t set off big fireworks in so long, that I am a little chicken about trying it. When I was a kid, my dad and I would grab huge handfuls and set them off. What a blast I had; but I remember being much older than my three year old is.

Just finished reading one of the best writing books, I have read in a long time. Ariel Gore’s, How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead: Your Words in Print and Your Name in Lights. Spectacular!

My time on my mini-vacation from my previous job is slowly closing in on me (my voluntary separation severance runs out at the end of August). I have been really busy trying to find a part-time job, so that I can still have time to concentrate on my writing. Have a job interview tomorrow for something I think might be a perfect fit. I am very excited and nervous at the same time since I haven’t interviewed for a job in over six years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home