Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Upsherin

I am going to keep this one short. Not too much excitement this week as I have been extremely busy doing multiple things at once. The highlight of my week so far was yesterday.

One of the boys in my daughter's class experienced one of his first rights of passages in Jewish tradition; an Upsherin. There was a small ceremony at the school, rabbi and all. Of course, in tradition of the event there was also eating and socializing afterwards.

I did not want to go the entire week without posting something.

3 Comments:

Blogger indigostrange said...

as a jew-ess.. i bow my head in shame...
what's an upsherin???
shamefully..
the jew-ess

11:30 PM  
Blogger lisrobbe said...

Ok! You should be ashamed. It is apparently still a bigger custom in Israel than anywhere else. Only maybe only among the Hasidim so I will cut you a break! I will work on reading your doc this weekend.

11:19 AM  
Blogger indigostrange said...

you're awesome!
xoxo
the hermit

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home